Home Bar

Thursday, May 22, 2014

I'm new to this... don't judge!

Hello Internet! My name is Jasmin. Jasmin with no "e."

My first blog post - this is scary. Now, I've tried writing a blog before, but I always forgot about it. But this time, I hope to make it last!

So why a blog? Well, I like writing and I love telling stories, so why not combine the two? And what better way to record my experiences (good and bad) in a blog? Well, there are probably more private ways, like a diary, but where is the fun in that?

I like making people smile and laugh, and with all of the random things that happen to me, I have a lot of things to share. And as a rising senior in college, I hope to help new students transition into the college atmosphere and let them know that they can do it! I also like food, so maybe a food post now and again? Whatever my readers want, I'll do it! :)

Here are some quick facts about me:
1. I'm a senior in college, studying journalism, but with a passion for science and medicine.

2. I'm Indian - this detail will be important for future stories!

And no, despite what the media has told you, not all of our parents are like this:


But we do like to break out and dance whenever we can:



3. I'm not that social - I tend to stick around a few close friends, which I think is totally fine. I express myself better through writing (hence the blog).

4. I'm a Starbucks addict. Like it has seriously become a problem for me.

Here is a photo of my coffee when they actually spelt my name right:


5. I like to dance and also dabble in some photography. Below is a photo I took last fall on my college campus:


6. Though I'm not that social, once you get me talking, I don't shut up. My mom sees this as a problem, but you know, I could be doing worse things!

So I guess that's it. Pretty simple stuff. Let me know what you all would like to see! And with that, I bid you good night! :)

~Jasmin

PS: Feel free to follow me on Instagram and Twitter because who knows what crazy things I'll say on there!
Twitter & Instagram: @jasmin__singh

No comments:

Post a Comment